Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sagittarius 24°: A bluebird perched on the gate of a cottage.

23:00, 12/17/2014, Sagittarius 24°

Blue snake contribution from Jung's The Red Book
p. 224     AN ASTROLOGICAL MANDALA, by Dane Rudhyar (1973)

PHASE 264 (SAGITTARIUS 24°): A BLUEBIRD PERCHED ON THE GATE OF A COTTAGE.

KEYNOTE: The reward which meets every effort at integration in to a social environment for those who remain true to their own selves.

The bluebird is a well-known symbol of happiness, but also it refers to what one might call a spiritually oriented mind—to which the color blue relates, especially when a "bird" is mentioned. A cottage is normally part of a community, and the implication is that its inhabitants are well-adapted, either to the life of the community, or to their more or less isolated togetherness.

This is a fourth stage symbol, and it suggests that the essential technique for successful living is the development of a consciousness in which peach and happiness dwell. There is also a hint that GOOD FORTUNE is going to bless your life.

Girlcapsule's Response:

As a refresher, this blog-series is intended to provide a model in which my anecdotal response to today's Sabian Symbol and Rudhyar's explanation of it can be seen as part of a systematized process for the reason that any one else could follow this same process, and thereby create a similar set of anecdotal accounts. This is important in phenomenological research because of the subjective nature of this sort of pursuit.

In my case, this blog-series is also intended to create a container within which synchronicity is allowed to display itself in all its variety of expression, and for those who have been reading the blog-series from the introduction through to this post in chronological order will hopefully be gaining a sense of this, though I may have clouded this intention by also using this series as a forum for speaking about the literature that informs my thinking.

In any case, although the initial posts until recently may seem scattered and full of random inclusions, I wanted to state more explicitly that I am modeling the process of adopting a symbolic attitude, in the Jungian sense, and as I have become familiar with its means of communicating meaning in my own explorations.
Rainbow on brick...cast from a crystal struck through with the Sun's light

I have received the reflection that the images I am using are confusing. I have to admit I would rather hear this response than to have the images dismissed as uninteresting, but I wanted to speak to this to create more clarity for those who are still bothering to read these accounts. Jung speaks of image and symbol as being the language of the unconscious. The images I am using are mostly (almost exclusively,) images that I have taken myself. In part I'm showing images of the resources I am using, such as Rudhyar's book, Jung's The Red Book, and others from among the canon of literature that informs my program of study: Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness (PCC, CIIS). Otherwise I have been using image in mostly playful ways. The image above shows a postcard designed by Hundertwasser as it appears in a journal I created several years ago. This is the center-piece of the image and creates the linking connection that will be woven into the blog-series in synchronistic fashion (previous posts already attest to this,) but everything that is included in the wider composition was done so in an intentional way. I'm giving the constellating field elements to play with—this seems to be one strategy for alluring synchronicities out into the open.

Random inclusion: depicting an aspect of my research process—working with image as a means
of drawing out content from the unconscious.
Rudhyar speaks in the introduction about organized fields of activity. He states: "...the basic idea is always that we are living in an ordered and structured universe which constitutes a "cyclocosmic" whose, which is finite, yet the existential events and the possibilities of interrelationships are indefinite—which does not mean infinite!...What counts, spiritually speaking, is the harvest of meanings a person is able to gather from these many and varied experiences" (1973, p.14).

Today's symbol in Rudhyar's explanation speaks of the color blue as being associated with a spiritually-oriented outlook. I will finish today's post by bringing this idea to the fore-front, especially as it is linked to the mystery of the symbol of the blue snake as it weaves its way into becoming entirely entangled with the beating heart of this series. What does a snake symbolize to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment