Monday, December 15, 2014

Sagittarius 22°: A Chinese laundry.

15:23, 12/15/2014, Sagittarius 22°

p. 223     AN ASTROLOGICAL MANDALA, by Dane Rudhyar (1973)

PHASE 262 (SAGITTARIUS 22°):  A CHINESE LAUNDRY.

KEYNOTE: Making use of one's special racial-cultural background in order to survive and prosper in an alien environment.

There are many life situations in which because of his ancestral or personal background, or his special interests, an individual finds himself separated from the people in the midst of whom he has to live. Yet he often can use this background as a valuable foundation for smooth operation and for acceptance by the alien environment, without losing his own natural character.

This second stage symbol stands in contrast to the one for the first stage. There is no longer a question of imitating the ways of a superior group, but instead of maintaining one's own integrity in situations which neither give value for, nor favor what one basically is. What is asked here is SELF-CONTAINMENT...and good humor!

Girlcapsule's response:

Try this experiment: find some 3D glasses (one red lens, one blue)...then look at this image:


Addendum to blog-series description:

I have been gifted some feedback, Apparently my posts are making intelligent people feel a bit crazy. I have not been clear enough about what it is I'm doing with the blog series. First and foremost I am attempting to allow a process to flow through me.

I felt decision arise within me regarding writing a blog-series on Rudhyar's reinterpretation of the Sabian Symbol system. This allows me the opportunity to practice a kind of exploration of imagination that is grounded in the relative motion of the planetary bodies of our star-system. This I am doing as a means of weaving together the study of evolutionary cosmology with the study of archetypal astrology and the cultural-shaping symbol system that emerged from meditations on the night sky.

Think of this blog series as a kind of 1001 nights...
Become mesmerized (if possible)
I am also desirous of generating a model which scaffolds this learning process for others to witness. The fact that my responses to Rudhyar's Astrological Mandala are also usually threaded through with scholarly language that is specific to the study of cosmologies (dealing with the origin and development of the universe) and ontologies (dealing with the nature of being) is unavoidable in my case; this is my area of study and the reason that I'm even writing this.

This blog-series is a model of a systematic meditation framework that provides a means of connecting with wisdom that has come from our ancestors with the possibility of experiencing also intra-generationally a similar echo of the energies seeping somewhat cyclically through our being.

I sometimes think of the evolution of my life as being woven into each yearly layer-ring on the world tree of our solar system. Each year is marked by the Earth's completion of an orbital cycle around the Sun—our star. And we each live our lives as this is happening. We are energetic beings. All that is happening is enabled by the light of our sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment