Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pisces 19º: A master instructing his disciple.

12:57, 03.10.2015, Pisces 19º


pp. 280-281     AN ASTROLOGICAL MANDALA, by Dane Rudhyar (1973)

PHASE 349 (PISCES 19º): A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE.

KEYNOTE: The transfer of power and knowledge which keeps the original spiritual and creative Impulse of the cycle active and undeviated.

The Hindu ideal of the sacred relationship between guru and chela (disciple) has of late become familiar to a vast number of young and not-so-young people. The doctrine of "the Apostolic succession" in the Roman Catholic Church has a similar significance. The Power and archetypal knowledge released "in the beginning" of any cycle (or at "Creation") must be perpetuated until the very Last Day–the Omega state of which Teilhard de Chardin glowingly speaks. This Power is the "self" of the cyclic manifestation, the unchanging Tone (AUM) of all existences within this cycle. It can be transmitted from master to disciple at the latter's "Initiation." It must be so transmitted for when the line of transmission (in Sanskrit, guruampara) is discontinued, the cyclic process begins to collapse in futility and spiritual darkness.

This fourth stage symbol give us a clue to the supreme technique necessary for the continuation of all manifestations of power and spiritual understanding. The transmission is from person to person; it follows a general, unchanging pattern, yet it operates in terms of particular and individual circumstances. Keyword: INVESTITURE.


Girlcapsule's 2¢:

I don't know what is most important to express in this moment. I am in a state of astonishment at the power this meditation has for taking tangible shape in my life. To make life like a living dream or nightmare. First: wow. Wow, Dane Rudhyar, this stuff is powerful! What is this? Some kind of adhoc secret society's initiation process? It is really brilliantly orchestrated. Truly resonant with the rhythm of the spheres. This is magic for me.

There is being forged through this process a beautiful weaving of dream images that have come up in lucid moments, such as one here that I recreated visually:

I dreamed a lucid moment of discovering my red-handled scissors stuck into my bookshelf as shown above. I stood a little ways across from it. My energy seemed mostly held by my personal Animus who is Owusu, a dark-skinned and muscle-taut warrior of the age of shamans and when the human spirit was more attuned to the natural rhythms of place. I am also Owusu, I am the joint mind of the Yin and Yang of myself, and so I strode forward into lucidity. 

Here is an account of what happened when I became lucid: I experienced the sensation of emotional guilt run through my body as soon as I made a decision to attempt to move the red scissors by magical means derived from my archetypal read of the situation. I felt guilt because I was aware of a voice that brought to mind the archetypes of Father and Wise Old Man. My awareness placed this masculine authority above and to one side of me. This voice was recalling Stan Grof's reservation in these matters. Stan once resisted the temptation of performing a telekinetic experiment during a peak transcendent moment when he experienced himself as magically projected through a kind of wormhole into his parents' apartment a continent away from his physical form, as he tells the story. We cannot know the implications of our actions in such a moment and what they might catalyze. This is a wise opinion that I truly respect. But I chose to act anyway.

I could hardly help myself once I noticed a pair of green-handled scissors down and to the side of me. They were also lodged in among a row of books on a shelf. Looking from one pair to the other it seemed obvious that the colors and positioning indicated a harmonious linking energy between them–something that could be acted upon, which is what I attempted to do.

I was the she-figure of the Green Man archetype in that moment, it was not Owusu, it was me–whole and complete in spirit. I tested the force of my will against the habituated force of the flux. I choose curiosity over caution. I grabbed hold of the green handles and pulled without thinking any further.

In my lucid dream state I was attempting to release the red-handled scissors from the bookshelf by taking an opposing and symbolic action of activating the process by pulling on the green-handled scissors just near me with my dream body's agency. 

It occurred to me only belatedly that the amount of force with which I yanked on the green scissors might be dangerously echoed in the release of the red scissors, according laws of physics and assuming the telekinetic potential of the dream's experimental set-up behaved in some variation of accordance with the natural way of things. This realization caused my dream body to react with a spasm of fear as I whipped my attention back around to the red-handled pair just six feet away and perfectly aimed to come flying straight for me.

The red scissors did not come flying out of the bookshelf, they did not move at all before the jarring effect of having to manage the fear of my dream body from being wounded drew me out of the dream altogether. I hope to be ready next time. I will prepare by revisiting this dream as a pair of blue-handled scissors watching the scene from behind a hidden screen and see what comes up. Active imagination homework!   









No comments:

Post a Comment